We are going to be referring to the WordPress Course lectures throughout this ITC210.
After installing WordPress, you might want to do the following:
- Disable Registration (should be this way by default)
- Disable anonymous comments by setting WordPress to require authenticated users for commenting:
- Create a new Admin User for yourself (and each of your team members)
- Create an Editor User for your client (this will allow your client to edit and create content without being a super-user)
- Change Permalinks to standard URLs: /%postname%/
- Edit your user account to remove the Admin Bar when viewing the site (it throws off your CSS!)
- Before backing up the wordpress installation on your local machine, you might want to purge out all the plugins and themes that came with the installation. Dreamhost by default installs a crazy amount.
- SFTP backup whole site for editing (remember, you should never use insecure FTP unless you have no other option)
- Install some plugins. You can do this right from the WordPress Admin:
Here is a list of plugins I recommend checking out… but DO NOT blindly install all of them:
’44’,’category_before’=>”,’category_after’=>”) ); ?>